What keeps CEOs and business leaders like you awake at night?
I’ve worked with hundreds of CEOs and business leaders. I teach a number of them at the Lagos Business School (LBS) and China Europe International Business School (CEIBS). Moreover, I facilitate dozens of “CEO Labs” - a masterminding of business leaders.
I am fascinated that business leaders deal with very similar challenges in the course of growing their businesses. Some challenges are simple and have straightforward answers - technical. Others are complex, with no definite path to their solution - adaptive.
In a one-question survey, I asked a group of CEOs, “What 3 - 5 things keep CEOs (like yourself) awake at night?” Here were some of their responses:
- Fear of the unknown
- Harsh business operating environment.
- Cost of capital and limited access to development/growth capital.
- Poor power supply and high cost of alternative sources of power
- Employee productivity: how do I get them to be more productive, problem solvers and independent thinkers?
- Finding competent and trustworthy staff
- Growth: where will it come from in the next 1, 5, 10 years?
- Partnerships that can help my business internationally
- Logistics is a nightmare, bad road infrastructure.
- Security situation in the country.
- Government corruption that affects businesses from operating ethically.
Rapid Scaling® Weekly will give you insights into how prosperous clients successfully handle these issues on a daily basis.
Occasionally, I will include brainstorming exercises to make the lesson practical for your management team.